The Mississippi Homeowners Handbook was created by the Gulf of Mexico Alliance Coastal Community Resilience Team to help homeowners prepare for natural hazards to reduce risks to family and property. While it is never possible to eliminate all damage from a natural hazard, homeowners can take action and implement many small and cost-effective steps that could significantly lower risk.
Below, you can download the handbook in its entirety (warning: large file!), or by sections.
- Entire Mississippi Homeowners Handbook (PDF 11.6 MB).
- Part 1: Introduction (PDF 1.3 MB).
- Part 2: Hazards Overview (PDF 22.6 MB).
- Part 3: Protecting Yourself and Your Family (PDF 2.9 MB).
- Part 4: Protecting Property (PDF 42.5 MB).
- Part 5: Insurance (PDF 1.1 MB).
- Appendix A: Mississippi Hurricane Shelters (PDF 1.4 MB).
- Appendix B: Mississippi Emergency Contacts (PDF 1.1 MB).
- Cover and Table of Contents (PDF 7.9 MB).